WebStrategies is looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for the online space.
About the Job
WebStrategies, Inc., a Hubspot Diamond Partner and voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia, is growing, and we want you to be a part of it! We're looking for a bright and motivated individual with a passion for digital marketing to join our team and create ravings fans of our clients. If you love digital marketing, keep reading. We think you'll like what you see.
***Note: WebStrategies is currently operating 100% virtually and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future***
What You'll Do
- Create raving fans. You thrive on cultivating meaningful relationships with others.
- Occasionally work directly with clients to gather information about their industry and audience to inform persona development, content strategy, and user experience.
- Work directly with the WebStrategies Client Success and Inbound teams to develop and execute clients' content marketing campaigns.
- Execute content optimization tactics to drive clients' rankings in the major search engines.
- Tasks include:
- Keyword and content topic research
- Building content plans for clients in a variety of industries
- User experience optimization (UX)
- Competitive research
- Site auditing & analysis
Who You Are
- Someone who loves content marketing and knows how it can help businesses. We emphasize driving measurable results for our clients and we use inbound marketing to help do that.
- Someone who thrives on the written word and how to make it accomplish a strategic goal.
- Someone who loves finding ways to grab an audience's attention through content.
- Someone who gets a thrill seeing a keyword or blog post make it to the top of Google.
- Someone who gets excited watching their rankings result in traffic and leads for clients.
- Someone who enjoys exploring websites to find opportunities for improvement.
- Someone who understands how to use data to find insights and create an effective strategy.
- Someone who wants to grow their knowledge and experience of inbound marketing.
Who You'll Work With
- A digitally-obsessed team in which you learn from professionals in one of the top online marketing teams in the area.
- A positive, healthy company culture steeped in our core values of Growth, Empathy, Essentialism, Accountability, and (doing what's) Right. We call it "GEEAR."
- A growing agency voted one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia in 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022.
- A Google Partner and Hubspot Diamond Partner.
Setting You Up For Success
As an employee-first organization, we want to make sure our team members are set up for success. When you win, everyone wins. Therefore, we are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Fully remote office. We don't think you need to be in an office every day to do great work. If you prefer an occasional change of scenery outside the office, we will cover some or all of the cost of a co-working membership.
- Group health, dental, vision and life insurance plans at a very low cost
- 401k savings plan with employer match helps you save some for later
- Student loan assistance plan that makes monthly contributions directly to your student loan principal (at no cost to you)
- $1000 home office allowance to make your home work space perfect for you
- $1000 computer allowance
- $500 annual education stipend
- Unlimited paid time off
- Training - you will be trained and certified on the latest inbound and digital marketing methods and platforms.
- A clear track for career growth, increased responsibilities, and increased compensation.
How Has WebStrategies Fared During Covid?
We get asked this question a lot, and understandably so. Changing jobs during uncertain times takes some courage, but rest assured you are making a safe bet choosing to join WebStrategies. Here's why...
- We still managed to grow in 2020. In fact, our client retention IMPROVED during Covid-19
- We never laid off a single employee due to the impact of Covid-19 on our business
- We experienced record growth in 2021, largely due to the extraordinary efforts of our team members in 2020 to retain customers, build trust, and grow our reputation in the marketplace.
- 1-3 years hands on experience creating and implementing SEO and/or inbound marketing strategies
- Superior writing skills
- Creative writing experience
- A strong understanding for getting inside the mind of the customer
- The ability to perform online and competitive research
- Hands-on experience with Hubspot or a similar platform
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics platform
- Hands-on experience with SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Ahrefs, SpyFu, Moz, and Searchmetrics a plus
- HTML experience for making onpage changes a plus
- Ability to analyze data to drive recommendations and decisions
- Creative, forward-thinking self-starter with an attention to detail and drive to produce consistent and quality work
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, coupled with highly developed interpersonal skills
- High EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Experience writing or building content strategy for industrial clients a plus
What's The WebStrategies Culture Like?
As a 'people first' organization, culture is extremely important to us. We recognize how a toxic culture can create a miserable experience for an employee, so we protect it at all costs.
Our culture is steeped in our core values of GEEAR: Growth, Essentialism, Empathy, Accountability, and Right. Our people are focused on personal and professional growth, they focus on the essentials, they are empathetic towards others, they take accountability and ownership, and they do what's right and in the best interest of our clients.
Our culture is compassionate and team-oriented. We don't tolerate any "throat stomping" or other negative behavior that impacts someone's experience here.
That's why our employees rave about our culture (and we think you will, too).
- Base salary: $50,000 - $65,000/yr
- Additional company bonus opportunities: $7,000 - $9,000/yr
- Total earning potential: $57,000-$74,000/yr
A little more about us...
We believe strongly in personal accountability. We will invest in you, challenge you, and develop you. It is in our best interest to see you succeed and grow.